Based in New York City and Serving the World.
Professional trademark attorneys dedicated to protecting the trademark rights our clients.
WHAT WE DO:
- Provide cost-effective legal services to help clients choose an effective trademark, clear the mark for use, and register the mark.
- Advise businesses in adopting global trademark prosecution strategies and coordinate trademark proceedings in the United States and abroad.
- Vigorously represent clients in trademark infringement actions in federal courts across the country.
Whether it's your brand, logo or slogan, Lewis & Lin’s trademark attorneys will help protect the valuable intellectual property and goodwill of your business.
Flat Fee Trademark Packages
- Analysis of USPTO Trademark Filings
- Analysis of State Trademark Filings, Common Law Use, Web Use, Business Names and Domain Names
- Consultation with a Trademark Attorney about the Results of Our Search
- Clearance Letter Drafted by a Former USPTO Examining Attorney
DO YOU NEED A TRADEMARK ATTORNEY?
There is no requirement that you use a trademark attorney to file a trademark application, but there are many reasons why you should.
Trademark law is complicated – much more so than many people realize. Simply submitting an application does not clear the way to successful trademark rights. To obtain a federal registration, you must overcome any objections or refusals issued by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. These "Office Action" refusals are often difficult to overcome without the assistance of a trademark attorney.
Even if you succeed in securing a federal registration, your use of a mark that has not been cleared first can expose you to liability. If you are infringing on another party's mark, you could be forced to pay damages or worse: start over with a new brand. We've seen it happen many times before – saving on a modest attorney fee now, only to be involved in a crippling infringement lawsuit later.
WHY USE LEWIS & LIN'S TRADEMARK ATTORNEYS?
We’re not just a filing service – we’re a full service law firm dedicated to registering trademarks for our clients.
We advise our clients about the value of clearing their marks, and the tradeoffs of not doing a full clearance.
We offer a comprehensive trademark search from an industry leader in trademark searches – not a Google search passed off as a “comprehensive search.”
We draft clearance letters that protect your company from most types of trademark damages.
We have a high success rate – well over 95% of our applications for marks we clear result in registrations.
We offer a free knockout search if your first mark is not cleared.